Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, May 02, 2008

It's my blog. I do what I want.

The microscope I will be spending a lot of time with. It is pretty, isn't it? I can't remember when was the last time I used one of them. I was probably in high school.

Our not-so-pretty-but-effective circuits for the pressure sensor and the pinch valves. Our professor doesn't like to spend money on equipments, so Ying and I have to come up with all kinds of ideas to make stuff work with the minimum expenses. She is very good at it, and I am catching up.

The microchannel. I finally figured out how to properly use my camera. I had been complaining about its incapability to take pictures of small objects, but it turned out I was wrong! (can you believe that?) See how clear this picture is! Please note that the distance between the two lines (or the channel width) is only 0.2 mm.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, we are good!
Are you sure the two lines are 0.2mm? I think one line is one channel, which is 0.2mm, and there is a mirror image ofthe channel behind/below it, which make it looks like a channel composed of two lines.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

You were right about the mirror image. However, if you click on the picture and take a look at the full-size one, you can still see clearly both edges of the channel. :)

Thanks for pointing that out!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, nice camera!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Very nice and I don't believe you could have been wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home