Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, April 19, 2008

a dream

I was at home, with my parents. After lunch, I told them that I was going to the marketplace. So I went. There were all kinds of fruit there. I was tempted, but didn't stop. Then I walked past a big room, where a wedding was proceeding. The groom was ordinary-looking. Next to room there were stores that sell clothes and stuff.

I was kind of interested in a couple of shirts hanging on the wall. So I stopped to check them out. While I was negotiating the price with the store owner, a thought suddenly hit me. Why am I here in my hometown? Did I make an appointment for the visa application service? How am I going to get back to US?

I was trying hard to search memory but I couldn't find any trace showing that I did anything for my visa. This was so not me! Am I in a dream? But everything looks so real. Look at all these shirts, and the people in the wedding! How could it be a dream? However, I decided to trust my guts. Since I wouldn't just go back home without making any preparation for my visa, what was happening must be a dream, no matter how real it seemed.

After that was settled, I was happy and decided to enjoy as much as I could in my dream. See, since it was a dream, I could eat all the stuff I wanted and need not worry about getting fat. So I walked back to those fruit stands.

******* I am the divider between the dream and the reality ********

I don't think I was able to eat anything in that dream. What a shame! It is funny to me that I was able to make a rational judgement about being in a dream and then decided to go along with it.

It also got me to think that being in this world is just like being in a bigger dream. It is important to acknowledge what we seen is not the true reality, based on logic reasoning. And it is equally important to decide what we should do here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home