Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, August 23, 2008

a little confession

For the past few weeks I have been slave to my worldly possessions. I tried, but I wasn't able to get out of it. I kept buying stuff, returned some and bought even more. And my mind was full of it. The only excuse is that I am very unsure of what's going to happen since a lot of things are changing around me. Maybe I am taking the shopping as an exit of my anxiety.

Here is my resolution. I will not buy any clothes or cosmetic products in September. I can't promise Octocber, but one step is better than nothing.

Sidenote:
I picked up the cds by Brandi Carlile and Daughtry from the library. When I first heard Daughtry's "what about now", I thought he gotta be a Christian because there are too many Christian messages in it. So I read along his acknowledgements from which I usually can figure out whether or not a singer or a band are Christians. And yep, he first gave thanks to God. Awesome!

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger demoreeann said...

very commendable- going a month without shopping. you can do it! :)

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Thanks, Dem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home