Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

some fun, and a little bit annoyed

Tonight was our last CC this semester. We had potluck, which was pretty good. After dinner, we played the game charade. Man, I was surely good at guessing and impressed pretty much everybody. Our team won. So that was awesome.

However, I started to get really tired of random people asking how often I talk or see my husband. I mean, I feel comfortable sharing such things with my friends, but who do you think you are to poke into my life and make comments like "oh, it is so Chinese" or "oh, I feel really sorry for you." Actually tonight I was so annoyed that I said to that person's face bluntly "don't be." Then I asked him how often he talked to his family. Ironically he didn't give me a direct answer.

2 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger 小小胖他媽 said...

When I was in China, there are so many Americans who are away from their husbands or wives. So don't worry, it's still not "Chinese" enough. I already got tired of random people asking when I will get my H1B. It just gives them a chance to say "Good Luck".

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger K said...

As an American and knowing how rude Americans sometimes are, I want to apologize to the entire Chinese community! I am SO sorry that you are so often asked these questions! Most people aren't aware that they are being rude- they are trying to be friendly (odd as it may seem) and just aren't thinking about how personal that information really is. They also don't realize that Chinese friends are often asked these SAME questions by other Americans. Because our cultures are different in this area Americans can't really understand what their Chinese friends and acquaintances are experiencing, and maybe are a little curious. Anyway I am so sorry that random Americans are constantly poking into your private lives! I would fix it if I had the power. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home