Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, March 23, 2008

more books

Hanging around in Borders has become one of my usuals. Today I lost my fight against the temptation of using their coupons, so I ended up with taking 3 books home, which are "the kite runner", "the elegant universe" and "eat, pray, love".

I have no idea of when I will have time to read them. I already have plenty of books with stickers in them. The only book I read everyday is the Bible.

I started to really hate books with poor printing or small fonts, which is probably one of the aging signs. So it is nice to check out the books that interest me first before getting them from amazon, if I had the control not to buy them right there in the store.

One of my dreams is to read without doing anything else for a certain period of time. Oh well, it sounds like a plan after I retire. Maybe I need to go with audio books by then.

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Trudi said...

The Kite Runner is a FANTASTIC book!!!! I have gotten lazy and have gone to the audio books since I spend two hours in the car a day. I always want to read more, but do not seem to have the time to sit down and read. Enjoy your books!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I also borrowed the audio version from the library so that I can fully utilize my time in the car.

It is not being lazy. It is being efficient! :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

intro:

So many books,
What a gift, such a curse//

So little time,
Which of these 2 read first???? !!!!

addendum:
Beware:
ps:

try to avoid reading them in parallel and go for the serial approach.

disclaimer:

I 2 buy books in parallel and therefore always fall victim to the temptation of reading in parallel only to finish them slower than if I'd did 1 at ah time.

conclusion:
wisdom:
I think the problem is in the parallel to serial conversion factor.

Start parallel ->(slow conversion)-> end Serially
Start serially ->(fast conversion)-> end Serially

 

Post a Comment

<< Home