Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

so far so good

The weather is awesome today, though a little bit windy. After getting out of the bed and taking the shower, I went to a small Thai restaurant to have lunch with my husband. This was my second time of having Thai food and I still didn't like it.

Then I stumbled around the mall as my husband went on his way of daily work. It is good that I started to enjoy time at the bookstore again. With a cup of coffee in my hand, I browsed some newly-released books and some on-sale ones. Two hours just flew by.

While I was sitting on the floor in the Christian book section, I heard some snoring. A guy around his sixties fell into sleep in the sofa while reading (or pretending to read) a book. I should have taken a look at the book title in case I need something to help my sleeping problem.

I ended up buying the book "No greater love", which is on sale, by Mother Teresa, and the audio book "Your best life now" by Joel Osteen. He has this charm of delivering some uplifting words. Although he has received critism of watering down the Bible messages, I still believe that he is a good person and he is doing a wonderful job as a televangelist. I look forward to listening to this book while driving the long hours.

While I have no problem to enjoy my life as a housewife, which made me think twice about taking the postdoc offer, I found that I tended to spend more money when I had more free time. So, it might be better for us that I get a job.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger belbing said...

Did you get the pad thai?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Oh, I forgot about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home