Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, August 20, 2007

a good weekend

After my defense on Friday afternoon, Brian, Natasha and I had dinner at Grizzly Peak. I liked the red beer they brewed there and got a little buzz. Later Simo and his girlfriend joined us. The girls from the beachhouse also stopped by to congradulate me on their way to Meredith's bachelorette party. Then Brian and I headed to Michigan Union and played some foosball for an hour or so (I need another separate blog just to talk about foosball).

Saturday afternoon was Karen and Mike's wedding shower. It was my first time to go to any type of shower excluding the ones I usually take at home. We played some games and I even won a prize! There were a lot of good laughs.

Later Jinli and I went to Costco. They happened to have fresh mussels. So we bought a bag (~5 lbs) and cooked at my apt. We also watched an old movie "bodyguard". I simply can't resist Kevin Costner playing the tough guy with a tender heart. His another movie "message in a bottle" is also one of my all-time favorites.

I went to the church on Sunday morning. It was raining. I hesitated but needed to fulfill some other promise I made to God long ago. The slice of life was given by a guy I know in community group. His mom died of a car accident not long ago. He shared with us his grief and his faith. It was powerful! I believe a lot of people shed their tears, including myself.

In the evening Brian and I went to the concert at DTE music theatre performed by Michael W. Smith and Third Day featuring Sanctus Real. Overall the music was a little bit too loud, but Third Day did a great job and that is all I care about. At first we were worried that we probably need to bring our own chairs and sit in the rain with an umbrella. It turned out that we had some sweet seats! Close to the center stage and under a roof!

It was a good joyful weekend, exactly what I needed.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger belbing said...

I'm seriously glad that you talked me into going to the concert...Third Day was great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home