Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, April 28, 2007

another state, another city

Here I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This might be the place I live for the next couple of years. We will see.

On our way here, we stopped by the welcome center on the border between Iowa and Indiana (or Illinois?). It sits on a hill overlooking Mississippi River. I got on the patio, and the smell instantly brought me back to President's Island. For those who are not familiar with this term, it is not really a traditional island and the only "President" I have met there was my advisor.

Cedar Rapids is overall a nice place, especially for a family. It is a medium size city with a medium population of 25,000 (correct me if I am wrong). It is very safe in most parts of the city. A big river (Cedar River) runs through the downtown area. I didn't see much traffic here. Most people are nice, but I did meet a few that I wanted to kick their butts, with high-heels.

Everything has been quite smooth. I did shopping for the last two days. It was exciting and tiring at the same time. Of course I bought something nice for myself too. It was considered as some awards for my help with the moving. See, I am a cheap labor, no matter who the boss is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home