Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, February 18, 2007

I was slow

An old friend of mine called me last night to wish me a happy new year. We have been friends for over a decade. To be precise, I had a big crush on him in college for a few years. Then we became buddies.

I am mentioning this because just minutes ago I remembered that after graduating from college there was one time he flew to Beijing to visit his relatives, but at first he came to my place. We hung out and chatted all night long. Actually we had nothing to talk about after a few hours, but he wanted to stay. It was awkward. Now it occured to me that he probably liked me too. I simply assumed if you like someone, you go ahead and tell him/her directly, like what I did.

Ha! If I was smart enough to figure that out, my whole life would be different. I am not saying that I have any regret about it. It is just funny that it is now revealed to me. Like reviewing some old movie, I finally understand what it was talking about.

Life is interesting.

***********************************************
This same friend told me last night that he is coming to Cincinnati for some training next month. Maybe I will be able to drive down there to visit him. We haven't seen each other for about six years. That will be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home