Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, October 02, 2009

since no one else updates their blog

I had a good birthday. Although my birthday lunch wasn't so impressive since all the places I wanted to go were closed, dinner with my friends was really fun. I was flooded by love.

This week we had three group meetings, which is way too much. Fortunately I didn't have to do much besides sitting there listening. My poor colleague had to rewrite his slides after every meeting.

My first paper with me as the first author got accepted! I am very very very happy about it. It is probably nothing for other people, but I seriously didn't think it would ever happen. I really appreciate the professors I got to work with. They are all very smart, and kind to me (well, most of the time).

Sau's parents have been here with us this week They are such nice people. And they instantly welcomed me into their family, just like what Sau does all the time. Having Sau as my roommate/friend is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I have so much shopping to do in the following couple of months, including buying some really big stuff, like a car, and a TV. Yep, it can be quite exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home