Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, July 27, 2009

an update, and some more

I had a great weekend. Although there was a lot of driving, I felt heavily blessed for the weather, our safety and all the fun we had. The forecast said raining all weekend, but it stopped after we got to traverse city. And Saturday was all blue sky and cool breeze. My parents and my husband enjoyed very much the stunning view of the dunes and the beautiful beach at grand haven. We are planning another trip back to the beach.

I got to have dinner with Xin this evening. She is doing great at her job, and she truly deserves it. I have also been working hard on my papers, which kind of makes me think it might not be totally impossible for me to pursue academia. However, I am already having a hard time finding the balance between my life and my work. I can't imagine how stressed I would be if I were her.

*************************

Maybe God uses difficult choices to help us see what is more important to us. From time to time I whine to God "take me away" when I feel so sick and tired of this world. However, that's probably not the way it should be. God is not my backup plan.

*************************
Work could be comforting because you usually get the fruit of what you put in. On the other hand, relationships are more risky. Sometimes we screw up badly, yet we are given a second chance. Sometimes we pick up a great relationship easily along the road. Sometimes we work hard on it, but there is nothing to harvest. Fortunately it's all part of his plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home