Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, July 13, 2009

Mirror Mirror

As some of you might recognize this title, I did watch a couple of House espisodes this weekend. In this specific episode, this patient mimicked and emotionally empathized with whoever played the dominant role around him.

I have found that I often possess the same syndrome. I let my emotions heavily affected by people I care about, and consequently lose sight of what God has in store for me.

There is probably nothing wrong to have this syndrome. What is wrong is that I mistake some human beings instead of God to be the dominant role. When they expose their imperfection inevitably, I am doomed to be dragged down with them.

The solution is right there in the light, which is letting God take control of my life, but it is a constant struggle to carry it through.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger belbing said...

While I totally agree that you often let other's short comings drag you down when you see them, but I have to say you handle it way better than even a few years ago.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Thanks much for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home