Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, April 09, 2009

keep on counting my blessings

On Tuesday night I tried to make the visa appointment for my parents. Strangely there was only one day available which was too close for them to be ready. I was a little bit frustrated, because I just checked online and it showed that there were open slots on much more desirable dates.

I had no idea of what's going on, so I decided to wait a few more days.

Then last night my mom told me that some information was wrong in one of her application forms. She was given a new passport when she renewed it a couple of years ago. So I used her old passport number while filling out the form.

So I would have been more frustrated now if I did make that appointment for them using the wrong passport number. I would need to do everything all over again and waste more money.

It struck me how God takes care of me even on this kind of trivial things. He doesn't want to put me through unnecessary trials. Most of the time it is hard for us to see our blessings. Sometimes we just assume things happen. The truth is that there is no coincidence. Or as Albert Einstein said, "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous".

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous BT said...

Thanks for sharing how God is looking out for us. We all need a reminder now and then :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home