Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"The Fountain" (spoiler alert)

I love the wolverine in "X-men". Consequently (or the other way around), I like Hugh Jackman. This evening I watched one of his movies "The Fountain".

It is odd. I dare not say that I understood it. And it made me somehow depressed for 10 mins.

Anyway, here is this one scene I would like to share with my readers.

Hugh Jackman was looking for "the tree of life" based on the message in Genesis. After all the hardship he finally found it. He cut the trunk with his knife. When one drop of the liquid from the tree touched the ground, some green plant emerged and blossomed with white flowers. He was so excited, and he put some liquid on his wound. It healed intantly. He then drank earnestly the fluid from the tree.

Suddenly the same green plant grew from his wounds. He freaked out and wanted to pull it out. And the second he pulled it out, it emerged again. In the mean time, the plant started to grew from every part of his body. Soon only a small field of green plants with white flowers was left where he used to be, near "the tree of life".

Funny. Or gross.

It also reminded me of this verse.

Luke 9:24: "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home