Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, January 14, 2008

another problem solved

Our office had been cruelly cold ever since I got here, no matter how we adjusted the thermostat. However, when I came to pick up something yesterday, it was supprisingly warm.

This morning an idea suddenly hit me. So I moved my computer which was close to where the thermostat is installed. In less than a minute warm air started to pour out of the ventilation outlets from the ceiling.

Apparently, the heat blown from the computer made the thermostat falsely think the room was already warm enough. It is so simple, yet it still takes some serious thinking.

Well, I am glad.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Trudi said...

How simplistic! Glad you are warmer now :)!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger belbing said...

that's funny...computers are evil, don't give them the chance to screw you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home