Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, January 21, 2008

for the sake of update

1. I cooked today. It was the result of peer pressure. In my current office my colleagues bring homemade food to lunch almost every single day. So I couldn't stand firm and eat my frozen food, because I don't have good excuses not to cook except for my laziness.

2. I knocked down a bowl half full with fried rice. It was heart-breaking. It took me 15 mins to pick up the rice from the floor. No wonder Americans eat bread!

3. I am almost ashamed to admit that I enjoy my boss' class. I even like doing the homeworks. So nerdy.

4. I watched "Evan Almighty" this weekend. It is not bad at all. There are some good messages in it. I was touched at one point. Maybe I will buy the combo if they sell it together with "Bruce Almighty"

5. Now I am having a weird logic while dealing with stuff. When I need to decide whether or not I should do something, I tend to ask myself "what if I die soon" or "what if he/she dies tomorrow". I know, very freaky. Yeah, the topic of death has been a frequent visitor to my mind.


(this picture made me giggle for quite a while)

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Trudi said...

Hey don't feel bad about not cooking! Cooking for one is not fun!!! Even if there are leftovers to take to work, I prefer the frozen kind.

Good to know about "Evan Almighty". I have heard that from some others as well. At some point I guess I should check it out.

When death strikes us closely, it does curb how we act. In ways it is good because you are reminded that those you love may not be there tomorrow. Live now! Love life. It stare you in the face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home