Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, February 24, 2006

I love Homer

It's not until last year that I started to watch "the simpsons". Yeah, I know, what a shame. And it's also a shame that I just realized that it's M and G for Homer's ear.

Well, I usually pay certain amount of attention to shows based on how good-looking the people in the show are. So no wonder that I was not interested in Homer until I decided not to have cable in my new apartment and the only entertaining channel to me is UPN.

After coming to US, my TV watching pattern didn't change much. I usually watch stuffs that are simple and funny. So it went from "friends"(again, good-looking people) to "Raymond" to "seinfield" to "south park"(which built most of my dirty-word vocabulary) to "simpsons". From time to time, I watch some other shows like "king of the queens", or "freasier", but I swear to God that I only had serious relationships with the last three in that chain.

What do I love most about Homer? Probably his honesty with himself, which we can hardly find in ourselves. Oh, forget about it. I don't wanna go deep with Homer. I will just go home, turn on TV, grab a beer, lie in my couch, and laugh out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home