Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am grateful that

12/26, Friday
--- I got to see the Christmas tree in front of the Rockfeller building, though I was a little disappointed by its size
--- I had some good food at Chinatown
--- we didn't have much difficulty with finding the right subways or the right places while we were in the city

12/27, Saturday
--- I enjoyed 3 hrs of "band of brothers" on history channel
--- there was not much traffic on our way to the outlet mall
--- we were able to find a parking spot quickly
--- my husband bought me a lovely red coat from Jcrew

12/28, Sunday
--- my friend Jia gave birth to her healthy baby boy!
--- the weather was super warm
--- I had some delicious mini hotpot and all kinds of authentic Chinese food

12/29, Monday
--- the weather was sunny
--- we had a safe trip to the skiing place
--- skiing was fun
--- our hotel room was very nice and convenient

12/30, Tuesday
--- the weather was still sunny, although the forecast said it was supposed to rain which would really suck for us because we bought skiing tickets for 2 days
--- the ride back was very smooth
--- I reached the "professional" level in several wii fit games :)
--- my husband appreciated the food I prepared although it was mostly leftovers and took me only a few minutes

----------------------------------------------
Some thoughts:

It became harder and harder for me to think of something that I felt grateful for. It was not because nothing good happened. For example, I have been able to have a lot of decent Chinese food at much cheaper price here. However, I gradually took it for granted and couldn't feel the same level of contentment anymore.

Again, it reminded me of the stories in the Bible. Men lost their gratitude even though God had given them what they asked for. Often we hear people say that they started to cherish something when they were about to lose it. Maybe there is a reason for not giving what we want, or taking away what we have. God knows us far better than we do ourselves.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger belbing said...

Congrats to Jia and her new baby boy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home